- Enjoy food at China Town district.
As you know me and Elodie are fans of asian food (You should remember that from our post Trip to Australia). China Town is located not far away from downtown of San Francisco. You can get there by public transport or you can take a cab.
Probably in your mind you must wonder how to recognise good asian restaurant. This is an easy answer. Check if in inside the place where you want to eat are many Asians. This technique always works. This time I tried Japanese sushi. It was the best in town (according to google reviews) where they make the sushi in front of you. For sure it was a unique experience.
This is in my opinion the top things to do in one day in the city of North California.
Thank you, my current employer, for sending me for a business trip. Each time when I travel I learn new things. This time I learnt to give a second try with a fresh mind to a place I already visited. There are several things that will make you enjoy a place, such as the weather, people around, undiscovered areas. Give yourself a second chance to change your mind. I gave and it was worth it! In the list above, you can add Cable Car, Pier of Alcatraz but for that you need to have more time. You can read more: 48 Hours in San Francisco. If you think that I missed some places or you would remove something from the list and swap for better attraction in your opinion, feel free to leave a comment below.
- Travel between attractions. If you are more than 2 persons, take an Uber. It will cost the same as a public transport but it saves your time and you won’t miss the bus.
- If you want to go to painted ladies and is nice weather, grab some lunch and eat on the grass.
- To see the Golden Gate Bridge in a less touristy time, I recommend to go there later in the afternoon.
- If you are looking for budget accommodation, I strongly recommend you to use AirBnb. Unfortunately, hotels are expensive in San Francisco.